How It Works
- Volunteers that are multilingual download the Tarjimly mobile app on iOS or Android and they sign up as a translator filling out their language profile.
- Translators go through a conduct training and confidentiality agreement. Translators can also choose to complete our language assessments and Premier Translator Training which boosts their Translator Score.
- When a Beneficiary makes a request, translators receive notifications on their phones. Translators can choose to accept or reject the request depending on their availability. If they are the first person to accept a request, they are matched in a live session with the Beneficiary and can send text, voice notes, or even start a live phone call.
- When finished, either person can end and rate the conversation. Translators can also work on asynchronous translation tasks throughout the week on Tarjimly Docs on our website.
- Translators can also donate to support and sponsor translation sessions to help even more people in need.